Wednesday, March 30, 2011

dream BIG

So I know I’ve neglected my blog in the month of March, for all 3 of my readers I deeply apologize
!
This month has been extremely busy, but at the same time there have been a lot of good things going on. As many of you know I am an aspiring singer/songwriter. One of my dreams is to be able to use my songs and music to lead people into the presence of God. Whether that be in a local church or that be on an album in people’s homes, I just want to use my gift to the best of my ability, to do what I believe God has called me to do.

I’ve written different songs over the past few years but very few that I would put out there for people to listen to. There are some songs that I’ve written that will forever stay between me and God because they are just that bad! Every now and then though I’ll hit on something as I’m worshiping at my piano or with my guitar that just seems catch, which I think “I’ll finally let people hear and worship with my song.” But in all reality when it comes down to it, it’s tough to be open with my music, here’s why.
I put a lot of time and effort into the songs that I write and many of them are born out of my quiet time with God; I treasure those songs. To be honest they are kind of like my children and I’m super protective over them (Lord help my children if I have daughters one day!) so when they are criticized it’s easy for me to take up offense over it. 

To be able to write and play music has been my dream forever, so I decided that if I was ever going to do anything with this dream, I was going to have to step out and take a chance. This past month I wrote a song called “Trust In You”. I played it for Sarah and she kept telling me how much she really liked it and how catchy the chorus was, granted she is biased, but I trust her to tell me if my song stinks or not!

I wrote this song based around hard times in our economy, where everything seems to be crashing, I choose to trust in God. I thought this song could apply to a lot of different people, so I took a chance. I introduced this song to our congregation a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to go over fairly well. This was a big step for me to introduce one of my songs to the congregation; I was so excited/nervous to be able to do it.

All that said to say this, whatever you’ve been called to do, whatever dreams you are dreaming, at some point you’re going to have to step out and take a chance. So when the time comes, don’t chicken out, but be brave and put yourself out there. My story may not seem like a big deal to you, but for me this was HUGE! This was  big step, and one that I’m praying will only lead to many more big steps! 

That's all I've got for today! 
Thanks for stopping by!


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals BERITA_wongANteng SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment