Friday, January 28, 2011

Get Yourself Ready!

If you know anything about me, you know that I absolutely love being a worship leader. I feel like it is something that God hard wired me to do. There is just a joy that comes with being able to lead people in worship that I can’t begin to explain. For me, being able to see the look on someone’s face when they make a connection to God is priceless, it truly blesses my heart to see that happen. 

With all that said, one of my faults as a worship leader, is watching people’s outward expressions during worship and rating our worship experience on how people outwardly showed their worship. I’ll be real honest with you, I watch people during worship, and I feed off of people when they are outwardly expressing their worship, but I have to remind myself weekly that the way people respond outwardly is no rating on how our worship service went.  (I’m speaking of worship during our music services) 

The thing is no matter how much we “worship” outwardly none of it means anything unless your heart is in the right place. Our worship to God is not contingent on how many hands are raised in the air, or how many people are dancing. I’ve learned to ask myself after our worship services “did we honor Jesus with what we just did?” and if my answer is yes, then I can rest easy knowing that we pleased the heart of the Father and accomplished what we set out to do during our services, which is honor Him. 

All that said to say this; Worship does not have to be an outward expression. Can it be? Absolutely!  But worship is solely based on the attitude of your heart toward a giant loving God. Worship is an overflow of gratefulness for what Jesus has done for us. Your expression of worship may be lifting your hands and singing as loud as you can, it may be standing quietly in awe of Jesus, it may be laying flat on your face. Regardless of how you overflow and show that worship, make sure your heart is 100% solely focused on Him and nothing else! When we do that, we can rest assured our worship services will be pleasing to God.

As we head into the weekend let’s prepare our hearts to come together as the body of Christ, and see Him lifted on High! Let’s honor Him!
Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said unto me, “Let us go into the house the Lord.”


Free Template Blogger collection template Hot Deals BERITA_wongANteng SEO

0 comments:

Post a Comment